JEB's web scribble
Welcome to JEB's scribble web site — the personal site for me, James E. Bromberger, where you will find a collection of stuff I have put out into the web — code, ideas, pictures, and random thoughts.
This site has been in one form or another since 1994 or so. From the original vanilla HTML, to server-side includes, to CSS styled hand hacked templates, to blog-orientated, then Template Toolkit (perl) driven server-processed pages, to Bootstrap (and Apache SSI).
Primarily this site serves as a place for me to test things out — play with new methodologies and technologies, while still serving my own rabbid collection of cruft.
Here's a few things you can try:
- Connect over IPv6 (this site is dual-stack IPv4 and IPv6)
- Use HTTP/2 for efficient requests (if your browser or upstream proxy is new enough)
- Use TLS 1.3 to connect (if your browser or upstream proxy is new enough)
- Check this site on SecurityHeaders.com, or check this site on SSLLabs.com, or check this site on Mozilla Observatory.
Here's a list of events I have given presentations at (or are scheduled to):
- October 2022: AISA National Cyber Conference, Melbourne
- October 2021: ISACA Secure-IT Perth 2021
- September 2021: University of Sydney Guest Lecturer
- September 2021: BSides Perth
- April 2021: AWS User Group Perth
- November 2019: AISA Perth Branch Conference
- January 2019: Linux.conf.au, Christchurch, New Zealand [video]
- November 2018: AISA Perth Branch Conference
- November 2018: Latency Conference, Perth
- November 2018: AWS User Group, Perth
- June 2018: DevOps Meetup, Perth
- April 2018: AWS Partner Summit, Sydney
- September 2017: AWS Public Sector Summit, Canberra
- August 2016: AWS User Group, Perth
- May 2016: DevOps Meetup, Perth
- August 2014: AusCERT On The Move, Perth
- 2014: ACS Perth Branch Conference
- April 2014: Internet Association (WAIA), Perth
- January 2014: Linux.conf.au, Perth
- August 2012: AWS Meetup, Perth
- August 2013: DebConf 13, Vaumarcus, Switzerland
- January 2003: Linux.conf.au Perth (Conference chair)
- February 2002: Debian Mini-conf, Brisbane