James Bromberger - james_AT_rcpt.to (replace '_AT_' with @)
[Home] 2001/ index.html/
2001: A Space Oddity
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do... 2001 was not like Arthur C Clark imagined. The International Space Station is coming together, but it isn't leaving orbit of this planet.
If there is one event that 2001 will be remembered for, it is the devestating images of two fully loaded passenger jets being hijacked and slammed into the two tall towers of the World Trace Centre, along with the two other flights into the Pentagon and into a field. International terrorism, and Islamic extremists came into clear focus as they started a campaign of terror. With thousands of CBD workers killed as the two 100+ story towers collapsed, fear struck the world immediately. This single, massive act of terrorism resulted in world-wide economic crisis; even car-insurance on the opposite side of the earth was increased due to the "September 11" attacks.
With so much hurt in the world, where will we find happiness?
- Some pictures from a holiday and Christmas at the Funny Farm, again. We (Andrea and I) went to Abbey Beach the weekend before Christmas. The damn flies were annoying, but it was warm and sunny!
- More from the Wireless Crew from the second gathering of people, again at Kings Park. See www.e3.com.au for more info.
- A screen shot of how shoddy MS Internet Explorer 6 is: it doesn't know it is running MSIE6 when trying to patch it.
- Some more pictures from the wireless crew at a meeting in Belmont on November 28
- The battel to get Pastel installed on
- Some more pictures, this time from the
PLUG meeting at IBM where
Indulis spoke, and then two shots from the
e3 wireless BBQ at Lake
Monger: William, Matt Kemner, and Michael Beattie.
- A few pictures from the October
PLUG meeting, my house, and
the Wireless project test run
of November 4, 2001, at Kings Park.
- A quick trip to the South-West of W.A.
- How to get a Sun Crypto Accelerator board working
with OpenSSL, ModSSL, and Apache 1.3.
- Getting a Powercom UPS working under Debian
- A pointer to my Debian RAID1 HOWTO
- Some rambling notes from my Debian talk given to PLUG
- Notes on my Sony Vaio PCG5505CT, and pictures of my old Pearl P133 laptop
- Pictures from the PLUG InstallFest
- Andrea and I went on holiday in Italy
- Nick Bannon and I went to the 1st Debian Conference, in Bordeaux, France.
- Some pictures from the Plug Meeting June 12
- The funny story of the The Bears.
- Archive of events at linux.conf.au 2001 in Sydney. We plan to go Brisbane in 2002, and perhaps host it in 2003.
- Countdown to the 1 billionth second of the unix epoch
Perth cell: +61 422 166 708
Powered by Template Toolkit, Perl, and Debian GNU/Linux!
Your IP is 184.108.40.206