1997: Lost in Mars Mania
NASA put a probe on Mars, the red planet. The world went crazy. Well, the on-line world did. There were live updates on-line. VRML virtual reality models of the martian surface. Quicktime VR panaramas. Soil analisys data. It was all overwhelming. Amongst all this, I turned 21.
Dad purchased a nice (for then) DC40 Digital Camera. On-line images in an instant were mine.
Eskimo Joe played at the End of Semester Bash at UWA.
- That spooky time: Halloween at Peter N Lewis' house
- Craig celebrated his bike accident survival anniversary with a theme party: the Accident Party. We had such a good time. 3am and we blew a tyre on the wheelchair double-dinking up the street at speed
- Another friend, Andrew Nilsen, organised NetDay 97 at Winthrop Primary School. I got a few pictures
- UniSFA had some club photographs that I took on August 29th
- AACA Campus Bands Competion 97: Grant and Stuart, two school friends, entered in a comedy band Bumparcar Turbo
- My mother showed me a poem: Death of an Innocent
- I created a list of Computer Stores in Australia that were on-line so I could quickly price components in my money
- One of my firends, Craig Richmond, organiased a Car Rally
- My 21st birthday party. Wembley Golf Course, May 31st
- Pelican, Dad's company, got an ISP
- Terracon jingles