The following text is displayed in the entry to St Andrew's Church, Ashingdon, Essex. See Wikipedia.
Parish Church Saint Andrew, Ashingdon, 1016 Battle of Assandon fought on this spot between Cnut the Dane and Edmund Ironside on S. Luke's Day. In this battle all the nobility of the English race was destroyed. (Anglo Saxon Chronicle) 1020. In this year went the King (Cnut) to Assingdon and Archbishop Wolstan and Thurkyl the Earl, and many Bishops and also Abbots and many Monks and consecrated the Minster of Assingdon (Anglo Saxon Chronicle) and caused to be built there a Minster of stone and lime for the souls of the men who there were slain, and gave it to one of his Priests whose name was Stigand. (another M.S. of the Anglo Saxon Chronicle)