- Platform: Unix/Linux
- Standard: Perl, Perl HTML Libs, Perl LWP Libs, Perlmagick
- Debian Packages: perl, libwww-perl, libhtml-parser-perl, libhtml-tree-perl, liburi-perl, perlmagick
IMG2WEB is a small (free, GPL) perl script that publishes large
JPEG images to the web by making scaled preview samples
of all the images in a directory, placing the scaled images into an
index web page, and linking these scaled previews to the full sized
It is very configurable! Features include:
- Use of templates and specific "top and tail"
HTMLcode files for generating web pages
- Choice of number of columns in index list
- Choice of scale factor for scaled previews
- Linked full sized images for easy navigation
- Flexible image sorting - alphabetical, size, date, or arbitary sort file
- Upgrade check facility
You can download
IMG2WEB from this site for free.
Download img2web.tgz (12,316 bytes)
On-line manual page for
IMG2WEB started out as a small Perl script that spat out
one very ordinary web page. This then required editing to bring it into
the same style as the rest of my web site. Each image was linked by
itself, making it look very basic and unatractive.
As my available time diminished I found I needed to be able to automate
the entire process - hence a major rewrite of the code into a new product.
IMG2WEB represents several new areas to which I have delved -
web client programming being one of them.
- June 1999
- Changed licence to GPL. It's free. You take the source, you do what you want with it. Send your updates back to me, and I will try and include them into my version...
If you have suggestions or patches for
IMG2WEB, please email them
to me and I will try and incoroprate them, placing a new version on
this server and updating the on-line upgrade checker.